Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are your outsourced accounting & business management services only for small businesses?
No. In fact, our average clients generate between $1 million and $5 million in annual sales. Our largest client generates $20 million in annual sales and we are their complete accounting team.
2. How do we get our documents to Lalea & Black?
We utilize both modern and traditional methods to receive your documents. All our hosted accounts come with dedicated hard drive space so you can securely upload documents to your web-based client portal. You upload to our inbox and we download the data. Additionally, you can use Dropbox, email, or even U.S. mail. Getting the documents to us couldn’t be easier.
3. How long does it take to get set up?
The average on-boarding time frame is approximately two weeks before we’re in full swing. It could take longer if your books need to be cleaned up. Regardless, we will help you maintain your current accounting requirements during the setup phase.
4. Why should I hire Lalea & Black for outsourced accounting instead of getting an in-house accountant?
Our services provide over 35% cost savings to our clients on average. We also include our exclusive CPA concierge service to help you understand the financial and tax implications of your business decisions. We are based in sunny Los Angeles, CA so our work is not outsourced to offshore contractors.
5. Is there a contract for your accounting services?
We are a month-to-month service, and we stand by our work. Our commitment to quality means we do not rely on locking businesses into long-term agreements.
6. Are there setup fees for your accounting services?
If your books need catch-up work when we begin, we can help you clean them up for a one-time fee. If your books are up-to-date, there is no setup fee. We’ve helped a lot of businesses cleanup years of poor accounting. If your books are in bad shape, don’t worry – getting you up cleaned up & to speed is what we do best.
7. How do I get access to my accounting software?
In most cases, we will host your accounting software on our servers. Our web-based solution means you can access your data any time from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
8. Are we required to host our accounting software in the Lalea & Black Data Center?
Not at all. We will work with you to customize solutions that maximize the ease of use, function, and security.